Get a 1-year Thai visa from overseas

Note : 5/5 (1 votes) - Add a rate / comment

Last edited: April 04, 2018 at 05:27:19

Do you want to stay in Thailand for period of 1 year, without the need to fly out of the country and without the need to do a border crossing?

Then getting a 1-year education visa to Thailand is just what you need


  • You apply from overseas about 1 month before you plan to enter Thailand.
  • You pick up your visa from the Thai Embassy or Consulate of your choice, it can be in your home country or in a another country.
  • After you arrive in Thailand, you have to report to immigration every 90-days, just like anyone else on a 1-year visa.
  • You can study Thai, Chinese, Spanish, self-defence or something else (depends on availability of courses offered by the school and approved by the Thai government)
  • Affordable rates from as low as THB 15,900 per year.


  • A tourist visa is only for 60 days (plus the possibility of an extension of 30 days).
  • Most Thai Embassies only issue 1 or 2 entries. In some countries, a maximum of 3 entries, after you show a detailed travel plan with flights out of the country justifying the extra entries.
  • At the end of each entry you will have to leave the country or do a border crossing.


  • Only available to those over 50 years of age.
  • For this visa you have to submit proof of sufficient income, or you have to put a substantial amount of savings into Thailand.

Staying long term in Thailand doesn't have to be difficult, doesn't require tons of money and doesn't require you to cross the border all the time. Quite the contrary, Thailand is one of the easier countries in the world to stay long term and certainly a lot of foreigners would wish they could stay as easily in our home countries in Europe, the USA or elsewhere.

CM Locator helps you to apply for your education visa from overseas, saving you time, money and inconvenience.

All visa are fully legitimate, approved by the Thai government and can be provided from as low as THB 21,900*


NOTE: CM Locator is not responsible nor liable for providing visa, this responsibility lies entirely with the 'visa provider', a visa office, language school or another institute. Payment arrangements are directly between you and the visa operator. Changes may occur in Thai law that may affect your visa.

* some courses are more expensive than others, depending on the offer of the school and the number of hours of teaching.

Leave a comment

Note: By posting a comment or question, you will not automatically be notified when other people respond to your post (as in some other social media message threads). Please check the thread yourself if you’re interested in this topic.

Please put in your real email address. It will not be displayed with your comment or on the site, but we can answer you if needed. Comments with fake email addresses may be removed.
Some comments may be edited or deleted, according to our comments policy.
What do you think about this article?

Jerry K. Luke Posted on March 28, 2024 at 00:16:49
A cameo year he's been right at 90 days. I'd like to stay longer if possible without having to come back to the united states.
Ryan Posted on January 09, 2022 at 07:34:38
Hi. I am from Malaysia and i have extended 1st 30 days and will expire end of the month. I would like to live in thailand for a year.
eric bahrt Posted on January 09, 2019 at 04:16:04
question 1: If I arrive at immigration to renew my 1 year visa in the afternoon will they see me that day?
question 2: If I don't want to live here all the time could I just use a series of tourists visas by leaving the country several times. What are my options?
eric bahrt Posted on January 09, 2019 at 04:13:10
question one: If I arrive at immigration in the afternoon to renew my one year visa will they see me that day?
question 2: I'm tried of all the hassels and there is nothing really holding me here. Could I live here indefinately by just getting a series of tourists visas outside of the country? What are my options if I want to USUALLY live here but not always
Francis Posted on July 19, 2018 at 17:14:04
Wish to apply education visa for my son who is 2 9/12 years old and guardian visa for my wife
Ray Posted on April 03, 2018 at 13:13:06
In 68 years old have a tourest visa now.Want one year.Will be married to a Thai women 60 years old now.More info.Ore visa for 14750.
ego Posted on June 28, 2017 at 09:55:00
How can we contact? Send me a mail pls
Delwyn Everson Posted on May 20, 2016 at 09:26:44
More info please !!!
John Posted on March 08, 2016 at 19:59:05
I want to stay in a small village close to Ubon Ratchathani. Are courses offered in Ubon, or can I take them online?
Miket Posted on January 11, 2016 at 11:35:50
I like to get more information, please contact me by email
Admin Locator Posted on December 16, 2015 at 03:52:53
All 1-year visa (non-immigrant visa) including the education visa (non-immigrant ED visa) are subject to 90-day reporting. That isn't a problem at all, if your visa agent or school assists you well, and even the infamous waiting queues can be avoided by either paying a fee or by booking an appointment online.
A Splash of Sexy Posted on December 15, 2015 at 17:41:12
That's all good... but what about 90 day reporting, and all that stuff
Hi I would like to know about Non B visa if I have Posted on July 28, 2015 at 07:27:30
Johntailor36@gmail. Com
Frank Posted on June 02, 2015 at 05:55:24
I am on ED visa, want retirement visa, how much
Kevin Gardner Posted on April 07, 2015 at 09:16:04
I am in Canada planning on coming to CM September or October for 6 months or a little more, interested in a visa that makes that simple


harrie Posted on March 29, 2015 at 06:49:35
i want to know what is the best visa to stay permanently in thailand
and what is required i do not have 800.000 in the bank anymore
Warik Posted on February 28, 2015 at 05:23:21
I would also like more information in one year visa from 14750 baht. Thankyou
willi woitinek Posted on January 31, 2015 at 02:17:34
ch interessiere mich für eine einjährige Visum bei 14750bath.
Könnten Sie mir weitere Informationen zu geben das?
Jerome Posted on December 20, 2014 at 14:01:46
I am jerome from belgium, 30 Years, have been severals times in thailand with tourist visa.
I am interested by a one year visa at 14750bath.
Could you give me more information about this?