The TM 30 form - All you need to know about it and why it matters to you

Not rated yet - Add a rate / comment

Last edited: July 28, 2019 at 07:05:44

The so-called TM030 issue is again (July 2019) the talk-of-the-town as Immigration just changed some practicalities that can affect a lot of foreigners staying in Thailand.

Article 37 stipulates that a foreigner residing in Thailand should report to immigration if he/she visits another province for more than 24 hours. This would mean that a short weekend trip from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai would cause a lot of red tape, even when you have already done all the basic TM.30 reporting.

TM 30 form Thailand
The so-called TM.30 form or Notification form from House-Master, Owner or the Possessor
of the Residence where Alien has stayed

Download the TM.30 form from here.

What's it all about?

The TM030 and its underlying laws are about the obligation of a landlord (or house master, possessor, manager) to report the stay of a foreigner (non-Thai national) in his/her property. All foreigners staying in Thailand and their hosts should be very well aware of this.

The laws with regard to the TM030 and the obligation to report a foreigner's stay have been in place for some time (since 1979), but the government has started to enforce it more strictly lately, and changed some of the procedures with regards to your 90-days reporting and extension of visa.


What is the purpose of the regulations?

Basically, with the TM030 form, the government aims to know exactly where each foreigner is staying all the time. Every host, no matter Thai or foreigner, has the obligation to report the stay of a foreigner within 24 hours.

This may seem a scary idea to those appreciating their privacy, cumbersome to those providing accomodation, and perhaps even crazy in the eyes of frequent travellers, but we've got to live with it because the law is in place and Immigration is enforcing it more and more. The TM30 measures are one of many of the current government that are all aimed at better monitoring and controlling what happens in this country. The government wants to make it difficult for foreigners to stay under the radar especially who Immigration sees as ‘bad guys’, foreigners who overstay and terrorists.

The Thai authorities did not advertise the new regulations very well so many foreigners and Thai property owners have been surprised by the sudden strict enforcement of the TM30 regulations. Moreover, even Immigration officers are sometimes not sure about how to implement the law and Thailand wouldn't be Thailand if you can different and sometimes conflicting answers from different Immigration officers about how to report.
To make things worse, the stay of a foreigner has to be reported within 24 hours and Immigration is all too eager to fine the landlord THB 1,600 per person if just one day late or when some documents are not complete.

Who should act?

Officially and practically, the responsibility to report the stay of a foreigner rests with the host: the landlord of a property, the hotel or the service apartment. Untimely reporting of a foreigner can be penalized with THB 1,600 per person (normally the penalty does not exceed that amount , even if your landlord reports months too late).


However, if you are the guest or tenant, you can’t ignore TM30 either: many foreigners report that they need it when going to the Immigration office for a service, such as the 90-day reporting and sometimes even for visa extentions. It still depends on the officer in charge that you're facing, but at such moment that you may find out that your landlord did not report your stay and you will have to explain where you stayed all that time. There is also a risk that you as a tenant (or guest) may be fined instead of the landlord.
In some cases, Immigration enforces strictly and demands the return slip of the TM.30 form, in other cases they allow foreigners just to tell them their address and when it's in the system it's okay.
Some foreigners reported having problems at the hospital after treatment when they didn't have a TM.30 form, apparently it's needed for the insurance company, so even for this, it's better to get it done.

How to report?

As a foreigner staying in Thailand, you should prepare:

(a) a copy of your passport (photo page)
(b) a copy of the visa page in your passport and
(c) a copy of the departure card (or write down the number on the copy of your passport)

The landlord should prepare:

(a) a copy of the title deed of the property
(b) a copy of the rental contract

In case the landlord has outsources this matter to a property manager, a letter is needed giving authority to this property manager to report TM30 on behalf of landlord with stamps from the tax office on this letter.

Official stamps from tax authority office

Official stamps from the tax authority office that need to be affixed to letter from landlord giving authority to property manager

Then, your landlord or property manager should report in either of these ways:

1. Most common and most official is to go to the Immigration Office and fill out the TM030 form there.
(This is for Chiang Mai, for other places you have to go to the nearest Immigration Office and if there isn't one, you have to report to the Police Office.)

2. If the landlord is renting out a unit in a condominium building, often the building collects the information (copies passport and departure card number) and hands it to Immigration about 1-3 times per week. In some condominium buildings, the deal between the building management and Immigration is that the papers can be collected within 7 days (instead of 24 hours), that gives you an enormous leeway.
Some condominium buildings, however, don't cooperate with Immigration and leave it entirely up to the owners.

3. In theory, the landlord can also register online on, but this online system is often not accessible (nor are safety standards of the site 100% update). Recently, Immigration closed this possibility to report, because people did not include the right attachments.

The online system of Immigration isn't always 100% safe or reliable
To access the online system of Immigration, when on this screen, click 'Advanced' and choose to proceed nevertheless (despite safety warnings)

After registration, the landlord will get a stamped return slip that the tenant (guest) should use when going to Immigration for a service.

Return slip that landlord gets after reporting to Immigration


  • Surely, every time you leave Thailand and return with a new (arrival and) departure card in your passport, you have to be reported again, because your departure card number has changed.
  • The official law is that, even without leaving the country (so with the same departure card number), a foreigner still has to be reported every time that he/she changes to a new place. The owner of that place has to report the foreigner, even if it’s just for 1 day. So if you’re making a trip out in the countryside for the weekend and you’re staying in a guesthouse there, your stay for that weekend has to be reported and once you return to your primary place, you’ve got to be reported again.
    However, in practice many Immigration officials say that's not necessary and you can just stick to the first report.
  • If you own your own property (for example a condo), that does not acquit you of the obligation to report yourself.
  • If you have a yellow house book (tabienbaan) or co-own a house, that does not acquit you of the obligation to report yourself.
  • In principle, the prime responsibility of reporting a foreigner rests with the property owner, not with the tenant or traveller or with the agent or property manager, but all could experience trouble when the papers are not in good order. Reportedly, there have been cases that travellers were fined instead of the landlord, when they reported at Immigration for 90-days or to get a visa extension.
  • In principle, each individual foreigner needs to be reported, not just the head of a family or one person in a group of travellers, however in practice sometimes the authorities accept reporting of just one person per room or per house.

Are the authorities that serious?

Well, it's unlikely that you will have trouble when a landlord or a guesthouse or service apartment has not reported your stay. Unlikely too that there will be any issues when you stay in Thailand for a short time and leave without having any contact with Immigration.
But the moment you show up at Immigration to deal with some paperwork, you may have to show where you stayed and then it's too late. Once again, it depends on which officer you're facing and what's the mood of the day, after all this is Thailand. And even Immigration officers have taken a practical stance at how to deal with the new regulations, that are not always easy to enforce as usually it's the guest who experiences trouble when he/she is not reported while landlords aren't really forced to report.

For this reason, Immigration is all too eager to charge either the landlord coming to the office later than 24 hours or the guest coming without the proper TM.30 slip the penalty of THB 1,600. There are about six officers in this so-called Investigation Department who are bringing in a lot of penalty money.

The new enforcement of Article 37 in 2019 is adding a bit more pressure to the matter of reporting that you've visited another province for more than 24 hours, but in practice it seems highly unlikely that Immigration will even know that you were on a weekend trip, so from a practical perspective you could decide to not bother.

What to do when you discover you haven't been reported

Officially, you need to be reported for where you stay. But even the Immigration officers take a practical stance at the new rules.

So, a PRACTICAL APPROACH you could take as a foreigner (at your own risk) is to not bother about it too much if you know you don't have to go to Immigration during your stay in Thailand, and to only get more serious if you know you do.

If you already know you have to go to Immigration at some point, for example for your 90-day reporting, and you haven't been reported within 24 hours from the moment that you checked in at your accomodation address, then some foreigner just report from that moment stating that they stayed in hotels before which didn't report them. This has worked for some foreigners, because Immigration won't bother to call those hotels to tell them they didn't do their job.


If you are a tenant (or guest):
Make sure to check with your landlord within the first week of your stay that he/she has reported you. If the landlord doesn’t want to go, you could consider staying at another place, or you could report yourself at Immigration on behalf of the landlord, but then you need to get his/her proxy first (there is a separate form for that).

If you’re a landlord:
Report your foreign guest/tenant within 24 hours.

Immigration stamp to remind you to report stay

Do you have first-hand experience with the TM030 form? Leave your comment here

Leave a comment

Note: By posting a comment or question, you will not automatically be notified when other people respond to your post (as in some other social media message threads). Please check the thread yourself if you’re interested in this topic.

Please put in your real email address. It will not be displayed with your comment or on the site, but we can answer you if needed. Comments with fake email addresses may be removed.
Some comments may be edited or deleted, according to our comments policy.
What do you think about this article?

Tom Jensen Posted on January 22, 2020 at 12:11:46
There are and app for Android called eTM6 for reporting i dont know og this app is also in app Store for iOS i have to say that IT does not always Work but Worth a shot
dimple Posted on December 03, 2019 at 02:47:17
If i change the address do i need power of attorney docs.?
Kate Wilson Posted on November 30, 2019 at 18:56:07
Please can someone help? I'm due to arrive back on a saturday & as the office is shut Saturday & Sunday, how do I report that I'm back within the 24hrs? Thanks for any advice
Alan Posted on November 20, 2019 at 12:11:17
I built a Resort in Kanchanaburi and gave it to my Thai wife. I ave this address for the immigration records.
If I go to say, Pattaya for 3 night and then return to Kanchanaburi does my wife have to report in person to immigration?
The key question is, does she have to go in person?
Gary Posted on November 17, 2019 at 02:23:13
Went to Immi. here in BKK for the TM30 with application form etc. (in connection with a 90 day report) But... the contract I have is signed by my former gf when we moved in in 2013. So they told me I need to have either a power of attorney signed by her or a new contract from landlord with my signature on it. 1) I'm unaware where the gf is so this is out of the question and 2) now my landlord (old lady) refuses to make a new contract for whatever reason and time is running out for me. There was a 3th option the official in Immigration told me but I forgot that. Can u fill me in on this please?
Andre Philippe Posted on November 03, 2019 at 08:00:07
s it possible to send TM30 document to immigration by e-mail or others? To show up in immigration in Chaeng Wattana is some time almost one day stay at there because of to many foreigners waiting for their documents? I travel to and back Thailand 6 times every year and feel very bad to go to immigration so often to spend one day every time there.
Jamal Durré Posted on October 25, 2019 at 09:43:03
I em en autisstik and dsylectik. I get confutze with meating ofishals. Wat to doo?
Jamal Durré Posted on October 25, 2019 at 09:41:40
I am en dsylectik autisstik kid. I get confutze with ofishal dmands. Wat sould i doo?
BEL Posted on October 07, 2019 at 09:59:27
I stayed at the hotel last week in Bangkok,i went back here friday night...I dont know that need to report in immigration.Do i have a penalty already?Im bothered already right noe if i have a fine.
PieHans Posted on September 12, 2019 at 10:37:05
I am married to a Thai wife, we own a house, blue book with her name, yellow book with my name. Do we need to fill in a TM40 form for staying together in this house. I have a spouse visum for several years already and never been requested to fill in TM30 so i always pressumed TM30 is not needed. Is this correct?
Kjell Vidar Pedersen Posted on September 12, 2019 at 05:31:43
Is it possible to send TM30 document to immigration by e-mail or others? To show up in immigration in Chaeng Wattana is some time almost one day stay at there because of to many foreigners waiting for their documents? I travel to and back Thailand 6 times every year and feel very bad to go to immigration so often to spend one day every time there.
Ronnie Posted on September 09, 2019 at 21:48:28
I will be staying at my fiance house in March 2020, will she have to register me as staying there? I will be there for 25 days.


Dieter Posted on September 09, 2019 at 16:40:26
I like the fact that Thai immigration is enforcing this law. Hopefully, it will keep some of the Indians out of Thailand.
William Robert Posted on September 08, 2019 at 08:55:18
If I have a retirement visa and own my own house, via a company name, do I need to complete form30 on my return to Pattaya from a visit.
William Robert Posted on September 05, 2019 at 04:17:20
I have a retirement visa and own a house under my company name. I have read somewhere that it is not necessary to complete form TM30 when travelling. Is this an accurate statement.
ScrewyouThailand Posted on August 29, 2019 at 16:39:13
Screw you Thai govt! I hope your country turns to shite.
Chiang Mai Rob Posted on August 29, 2019 at 05:29:13
I have done the TM30 a few times, first two was when I heard about the enforcement and the third time was when I needed a residents letter from immigration. I have a non "O" visa, I am married and live with my wife and kids and now have my yellow Tabien Baan for my wife's house and a pink ID/residents card. I bought a new car using the Tabien Baan as my "residents certificate" and I travel in and out of Thailand regularly. I simply don't bother with the TM30 now and haven't done for over a year and won't do again unless immigration start checking at departure point when I leave the country or if I know I have to go to immigration for any reason. I know I am supposed to do it but I will continue without one because, unless for the reasons I stated above, the chances of actually getting caught are minimal and TBH, my time spent queuing at immigration every couple of months to get a new TM30 is worth far much more than a 1600 baht fine.
Andre Posted on August 28, 2019 at 12:22:50
Hi . I bought my house 22 years ago whit my thai company. Do i still need the TM30 ?
Knobby Posted on August 28, 2019 at 02:34:23
I keep seeing there is an app for an IOS device that you register/download for TM 30 reporting. Apps for an IOS device can ONLY BE OBTAINED THROUGH THE APP STORE, so applying for one from a website would NEVER BE POSSIBLE, what’s going on here?
Maxi Posted on August 24, 2019 at 16:25:24
I always did the TM30 report by myself even if the owner said it's not necessary, in 2014 first time and in 2018 when I moved to a new place. But in 6 years neither for extension or 90days report have the officers asked to see it. But never heard that have to report again the same address where living permanently, as owner or renter with a long term contract, when leaving for a short trip abroad cause of new arrival/departure card number which is anyway connected to the main passport nr. that has the reentry visa number and by the way the arrival card TM-6 is already an official confirmation of the address that the officer inputs in the system at the airport or border. In fact the officer always makes sure that the address is complete in all details.
Iceman Posted on August 24, 2019 at 06:44:15
A few days ago I visited CNX emigration, I had my short stay visitor (3days) with me, the queue was Aaron’s a 100, people everywhere, I noticed some people waiting with number 20 in their ticket. My guest was leaving that day, could not expect them to wait all day so he could be registered. Hence no submission. Not a great example for a tourist
Joe Posted on August 23, 2019 at 18:13:08
If a foreigner stays only for 3 days does he need to report for TM30? The foreigner will be staying in a house rented by a person with work permit. Thank you and more power
Prem Posted on August 23, 2019 at 06:15:13
I am a co-owner of the apartment with my partner of 40 yrs. The chanote is in both our names as equal share holders. I registered my partner online with the address ( all copies of the condo) and it worked. But when I tried to register online with the same address again it did not work. It says that the address has already been registered. How shall I do it please? Thank you.
Prem Posted on August 23, 2019 at 06:15:04
I am a co-owner of the apartment with my partner of 40 yrs. The chanote is in both our names as equal share holders. I registered my partner online with the address ( all copies of the condo) and it worked. But when I tried to register online with the same address again it did not work. It says that the address has already been registered. How shall I do it please? Thank you.
graham darwin beasley Posted on August 19, 2019 at 10:35:30
I own my own condo.I have a retirement which circumstances do I need tm30?
The last time I visited immigration after a few months in Europe,I was told that the tm30 was not necessary as I had the same address.
Nilkesh Choksi Posted on August 15, 2019 at 06:15:06
Hello. I am a Thai National and my wife is Indian Passport holder. She stays with me since 35 years, & her name is
existing in the House Registration Book (Blue book). Does she need to report her movements as per TM30 Form ?
Her Application for Thai Citizenship is pending Approval.
Anna Posted on August 13, 2019 at 03:10:16
TM30 -Extortion all the way!!!
I asked Chiang Mai immigration officer why do i have to pay 1600 baht penalty for TM30?
Officer replayed, your landlord did not file TM30 form.
It is landlord responsibly not mine.
Officer, If you want 30 days visa extension you have to pay 1600penalty + visa fees

Eric Posted on August 12, 2019 at 01:37:18
I have a resident permit for 18 years. I did not fill any form when arrived in Thailand and I just pass through Thai passport queue at airport. Do I need this TM30?
Mark Posted on August 09, 2019 at 19:09:02
I just received this today in my email:
เรียน ผู้แจ้งรับคนต่างด้าวเข้าพักอาศัย
Please send your contracts of condominium
ขอบคุณค่ะ(Thank you.)
สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง(Thailand Immigration Bureau)

however it doesnt say how or where to send them to....can I do this online or take to my local police station?
wilmstra Posted on August 08, 2019 at 06:26:39
I hope this TM-30 form gone get deleted soon.
What's next, we (foreigners ) have to wear badges or nametags??
Tito Posted on August 04, 2019 at 09:55:16
My wife has permanent residency in Europe and lived there for 25 years. Last time she visited Thailand in 2000. It is nearly impossible to report my stay in our house. So how?I am on a multiple entry non o here and in fact have nothing to do with immigration but travel weekly.

robert Posted on August 03, 2019 at 17:31:40
In July and August 2019, The Jontien Immigration office is fining people 1600 for failing to report their arrival within 24 hours even if they own their own condo or even if they are renting from someone else.
todd Posted on August 01, 2019 at 23:59:00
I have a Thai wife who owns the house and land, married in Thailand, I am a US citizen, we are retired, do we have
to submit the form of me staying there, or when traveling to another province
Robert Posted on July 30, 2019 at 12:51:24
It says that foreigners using the app did not load correct attachments. Since all the instructions are only in Thai how would you know what is required?
Thelovedone Posted on July 30, 2019 at 06:14:14
I live in a rented condo in bkk.I have a retirement Visa.Went and stayed in a hotel in Pattaya for 4 days.I returned to Bangkok I have to lodge a new TM 30 at immigration today within the 24 hours?
Max69xl Posted on July 29, 2019 at 06:25:54
To Kevin:

Yes,your gf has to submit a TM30 for you and your mother within 24 hours after arrival. This is because your gf is the landlord.This is very important.

Max69xl Posted on July 29, 2019 at 06:11:09
If you stay in Chonburi province on a long stay visa or 1 year extension of stay, you don't have to report to the Immigration if you go to another province and come back. You just wait for next 90-days report,and everything is ok.
kevin Posted on July 25, 2019 at 23:08:01
I am staying with my girlfriend in her house for 58days ,then applying to immigration for another 30 days , does my girlfriend have to register atm30 for me to police , also my mother is coming to stay for one month , does she need to register her , thankyou
allencraig Posted on July 23, 2019 at 07:40:32
It would be so nice if they did 5 minutes of QC on their website so it actually worked. I just sat down with my landlord and we used a Mac and a PC and three different browsers and it didn't accept our input in any case. The Juristic office at The Trendy Building—a HUGE condo and office complex right in tourist central, Nana/Asok—claims to know nothing about the TM30 requirements.

But I guess it all works in the government's favor as this confusion brings in more penalty revenues, that's even better than actually tracking foreigners.
Peter Posted on July 21, 2019 at 09:01:02
The last time I was at Immigration I saw 700 in the queue (last week), and does not seem improving. Was told I needed to do it before they have me a ticket. Told them I asked my landlord to do it (and had given him copy passport and visa stamps). Went to Immigration personal and they told it had not been done. Phoned Landlord and got a little testy with him since I have him the documents and was done 5 minutes later. They printed it out with big smiles all around but it is going to be an issue. Have to winder if Immigration intends keeping this up, and whether coordinated or not, because as each passing day goes by, have to wonder whether it is worth it to keep living here.
Rose Posted on July 18, 2019 at 14:09:07
I did my residence notification (TM30) form a month ago. I am just back to Bangkok today from another country. My question is if I need to do it again even I stay in the same place and I’ve got a year non b visa. Thanks .
Toany Posted on May 25, 2019 at 09:42:13
I live in two places and travel between them on a weekly basis. I have been told that I need to complete a TM 30 twice a week. Each time I change where I sleep.
neekfenwick Posted on May 15, 2019 at 16:02:42
@Garrington I am in a similar position, lived here for 11 years with wife and now 2 kids. This year for the first time, annual non-O visa extension, lady at desk said we needed to fill in TM30.. this is at 2pm after queueing since 8:30am to be seen. Was sent to queue B where 170 people were waiting. 5 desks at queue L were feeding most farang into the 2 desks at queue B .. bottleneck. Suggest all farang prepare TM30 and get both queue numbers at start of visit. I wonder how many people they are being serious about.
Garrington Posted on March 28, 2019 at 08:20:09
I Have been living with my wife ( Thai ) of 21 years and our 2 sons in our own house since 2007 . I have never filled a TM 30 form before and always believed that the TM 6 form where I have always put my home address was sufficient . Do I now have to complete TM 30 bureaucracy or is the TM 6 enough . I am in Thailand on a Type O Non Imm Spouse visa for the past 20 off years and have never had a problem with entry at the airport or at Mai Sai where I do my 90 day
Winlouis Posted on February 24, 2019 at 08:15:00
Beste, er is een fout vermeld in mijn commentaar vraag. Het is niet wat ik geschreven heb, "UITGENODIGD " Ik heb geschreven, "AANGEMELD" bij het Immigratie kantoor. Dank U.
Winlouis Posted on February 24, 2019 at 08:10:18
Beste, Ik ben aangemeld bij aankomst op het adres van mijn Thaise echtgenote, zij is de eigenaar van de woonst, in Sara Buri. Ik ga regelmatig naar Pattaya, voor een verblijf van 3 of 4 weken. De Condo waar ik dan verblijf is ook eigendom van mijn echtgenote. Moet ik dan opnieuw aangemeld worden in Pattaya met het TM 30 formulier en bij mijn terugkeer, terug aanmelden met TM 30 formulier in Sara Buri.? Met dank bij voorbaat. Winlouis.
Jimbob Posted on November 28, 2018 at 01:58:38
Our Immigration Office is 80 km away so we were keen to see if the local police would let us report to them. They were delighted as they had never done it before.
Ruchi Posted on November 19, 2018 at 04:35:26
I just filed the documents for my tenants last week. Please be aware that the fine is per person not per unit. I ended up paying 4000 baht fine for 5 person residing at my place
JJ Posted on October 09, 2018 at 11:39:22
Having to ask your landlord to go to immigration and file a report every time you stay in a hotel in Thailand for even just 1 night, is utter lunacy.
Al in Thailand Posted on September 10, 2018 at 11:49:15
Regarding having to go in on the weekend, if the 24 hours falls on a weekend, they won't mind you coming in on Monday - that's standard. We've come in a few days after and just explained that we had to work, etc., and they were cool about it.
Al in Thailand Posted on September 10, 2018 at 11:47:46
We live in a condo in Bangkok on a retirement visa, so we DO need to ensure our docs are in order. So whenever we move into a new place, we simply get the landlord's proxy (power of attorney allowing us to act in their behalf), signed copy of the house registration, signed copy of their Thai ID, and a signed copy of the TM30 report. We then take this along with a copy of the lease agreement and report ourself. We got fined once for it not being done, and there's no way our landlord is going to do this every time we leave a return. Once you've done it once, you only need to take in the bottom-half of the 24-hr report and they'll re-stamp it with a new date if you leave and come back.
Morty Posted on August 19, 2018 at 12:09:00
Hello, I live in San Sai, Chiang Mai. I'm going to Germany for a week, but upon returning, I will be in Bangkok for a few days. Do I need to return to Chiang Mai first to file my TM30 or if I stay at a hotel in Bangkok will that suffice for registering after my trip out of country ? Thank you
Kenneth Stafford Posted on July 17, 2018 at 05:51:39
Is the TM30 a government directive or an immigration directive.

kenneth stafford Posted on July 17, 2018 at 05:49:02
can the report be done at the local police station as per stated on the TM30.?
the immigration officer says "NO" but it says report within 24hrs.imagration is closed on saturday and if you report on monday and you came in on friday you get fine.???
Figo Posted on June 15, 2018 at 08:04:55
Can anyone provide a web-site/link where one can report presence to Immigration on-line? Was informed at Immigration this is possible, but cannot find it.
andyc Posted on April 29, 2018 at 12:48:03
Recent TM30 experience - visited Patong (Phuket) Immigration. Officer refused to accept paperwork, informing me (despite the website not working) that I should register online. This option, anyway, is apparently available to businesses (e.g. hotels, landlords, etc.).

Following day, visited Phuket Immigration (main office) and the paperwork was accepted without question!
jonnii17 Posted on April 23, 2018 at 16:55:18
Attempted today, at Phuket Immigration (Patong office), to lodge a TM30 form and supporting documentation. The Immigration officer declined to accept any of the paperwork, instead informing me (despite my protestations that the website was down and that, anyway, a registration licence was necessary) that I should report online. Needless to say that on trying several times to do the online report, the website would not accept it!
Admin Posted on April 23, 2018 at 03:37:31
@Lars: Your case is exemplary to how Thailand is run. There are rules, but then they are applied differently in different government branches and differently to people. Guidebooks on Thailand always it as the Land of Smiles, but it's rather the Land of Exceptions.
Lars Posted on April 23, 2018 at 02:21:39
I've been living in Thailand for 16 years. I'm living with my spouse and our two kids in our own house.
I've been running in and out of Immigration with the 90 Day reporting for 16 years; I, nor my spouse, have ever had the TM 30 filled out and presented to the authorities, and we never had problems due to the missing reporting.
Last time I flew out from Suvarnabhumi, I went to the Immigration Information desk, situated after the immigration passport checking counters, and asked if I needed to fill out and submit the TM 30 to the authorities when I returned. The Immigration officer smiled at me and said no need. So now I'm confused about the rules?!
Mari Okawa Posted on March 23, 2018 at 05:07:32
I went to registrate myself yesterday at the Immigration office in Phuket Town, discovered that there were a specially assigned room (No 101-ground floor).
Had all documents required so the application went quite speedy BUT the officers in charge were making big face, no smile whatsoever...and even when i thank him he looked at me as if i had insulted him !!
And oh yes, there were an flat screen TV airing an YouTube Thai cooking program just right there...for people to watch while waiting there numbers to be called.
Very weird, so weird...too weird !
Mari Okawa Posted on March 22, 2018 at 13:01:55
Very clear & explicative article, thank you very much !
Just one question,
Where to get the form :
Power of attorney?
David Posted on January 25, 2018 at 17:07:16
what if i am staying in my own home but don't have my Tabien Bann ( yellow book ) yet but did put my address on my landing card ?

Ron Posted on December 06, 2017 at 15:17:18
Owner with part payment still on going so no owners book. Have resident/pension visa 1yr ongoing since 2015.90 day due 1st febuary. Arrived 1st november... whats my situation regarding tm 30
Jim Posted on November 26, 2017 at 21:41:59
Lol... I couldn't be arsed.. the corrupt immigration police of jomtien can be bribed with 20baht if need be...
Daniel Posted on November 17, 2017 at 00:50:37
What can I do? The owner of the condo did nothing. He need to do not me. he need to send a list of farang (Tm30) to immigration? I was there with the old TM28 from. they send me away. The real owner is a company ,I see only a lady to collect the rent the first days of the month. On the new TM6 they no ask where you live stay).
MWB Posted on November 10, 2017 at 07:30:35
WHY isn't the TM 6 form Sufficient ? It asks the SAME information and is 1000 times easier to process.

IS it ONLY for Immigration to make more $$$ ?
Pat Posted on November 01, 2017 at 20:15:45
I was with my girlfriend - at her place - in February and went to the local police-station to report my stay. The officers in charge didn't understand it at first sight but after a few minutes someone noticed there had been a TM030 in the registers before. So I was the second one to be registered, it lead to a photo with the officers, a big smile and a thumbs up before I left the office.
Vlad Posted on September 08, 2017 at 14:17:39
Once I 'reported' within 24 hours of my arrival in Thailand a tenant who arrived few days earlier and got keys from the office of my 2 condos. It took senior immigration official few minutes to explain junior girl at the counter that everything is OK. Lucky me to go straight to immigration on the next morning. Previously reported as soon as practical and never being a problem.
Admin Locator Posted on February 23, 2017 at 06:39:04
No need for a witness to sign the proxy forms. But in some cases, the officer at Immigration requires stamps from the tax authorities.
Dave Posted on February 22, 2017 at 08:42:46
When you use the proxy form for th30 does it have to be witnessed by a legal person or can anyone sign it?
Marv Posted on January 21, 2017 at 09:09:43
What if you are just visiting a friend who is a Thai local? E.g., you are not a renter, hotel guest, or hostel guest. You are simply visiting a friend who invites you to his home while you're on holiday in the kingdom?
niebla Posted on January 16, 2017 at 11:52:43
Family of five. Landlord lives out of town. Sent the lanlordthe papers and proxy also. Had a Thai national bring the signed forms and copies to immigration. They wanted 8,000. 1600 x 5 but did it for 1,600. Whew. This has nothing to do with 90 day reporting. Must be done every time each person enters the country. Free the first 24 hours.

Admin Locator Posted on December 24, 2016 at 03:57:55
Whether you own a property, a house, a condo, or a business, it is not relevant for the TM.30. You still have to be reported (by yourself or by someone else).
Immigration does give conflicting advises regarding to whether you should keep being reported while traveling through Thailand, but the original intent was that this is necessary.
Jeane Davis Posted on December 16, 2016 at 08:40:56
My husband and I come to Thailand every year for four months, Nov to Mar.. we are co-owners of resort with Thai partner. I have tourist visa, my husband Business visa. Our Thai manager of the resort has reported both of us with the information required, as owners. Do we still have to register as individuals.
Admin Locator Posted on November 21, 2016 at 02:41:12
You can ask her property manager to sign on behalf of her, often that's accepted by Immigration. Or you can get the Power of Attorney form (proxy) for your landlord, scan it and have her sign it, then report yourself with her proxy.
Smokestack Posted on November 20, 2016 at 17:44:22
I'm planning to move in April: the owner of the house (landlady) is in Japan and will still be there then. What do I do about the TM30?